Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hy-Vee Triathlon: 10 Days and Counting

So it's about 10 days until my first big race of the year: the Hy-Vee Triathlon in Des Moines, Iowa on June 13th. I'm really excited about this race because I have been putting in consistently solid training for the last couple of weeks and am feeling really good heading into the race. It will be an interesting experience also because I'm traveling up the day before and staying over in Des Moines before the race. Although I have travelled for a race before, this will be the first time in a while since I have had to spend the night before the race in a hotel room. There are so many extra considerations that need to be considered like taking breakfast with me and figuring out where to eat the night before. But mostly I'm really excited because this will be by far the strongest competition I have ever raced against. The course also looks pretty flat and fast which suits my racing style really well. All in all, I'm feeling really confident and just hope that I don't do anything stupid over the next week and a half to mess it up.... shouldn't be too hard to avoid, I guess I shouldn't do any extreme sports this week, oh darn! (enter sarcasm here). Anyway, I'll post another update closer to the race and have an Ironman Kansas 70.3 report after I volunteer for the race this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment