Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hy-Vee Triathlon: Race Week

With Hy-Vee only four days away and being in the middle of my taper I must say I am feeling really good and am getting really excited about race day. I will be going up against some fierce competition which will be tons of fun and will give me a really good indication of how competitive I might be able to be at USAT Nationals at the the end of the season in September. I have been putting in some really good, consistent training over the last week and have been hitting all my marks during interval training. The best part is I have been recovering from such high intensity workouts really well... I haven't been training this consistently with this lack of soreness this deep into the racing season in as long as I can remember. I am finally getting to know what it feels like to train consistently effectively and not be right on the edge of being over trained all the time like I have felt in the past. Anyway, this weekend should prove to be a great experience and hopefully a really successful race (the only bummer being there are pretty good chances for thunderstorms in Des Moines all weekend, which could really suck). I'll post a race report and some photos sometime after the race on Sunday or Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment