Friday, September 24, 2010

USAT Age Group Nationals Pre-Race Madness!!

wow, today has been one hell of a day. Starting at 5 am this morning I have been moving pretty much nonstop until right about now and its just about 9 pm. Not exactly the ideal way to spend the day before my biggest race of the year but what are you gonna do? I didn't really have a choice thanks to f***ing Delta Airlines. I flew from Indy to Atlanta, where I met my mom, then we both flew to Birmingham. My bike, on the other hand, had no trouble getting from Indy to Atlanta but somehow Delta managed to lose it in Atlanta for a few hours. So much for that "handling" that I paid a $200 fee for!!!! I saw it come off the plane, in fact it was the first thing off the plane... how did it not make the connection?! And how did no one know where it was until about 4 this afternoon when I had landed in Birmingham at 11:30am? It has easily been one of the more frustrating moments of my entire life... Packet pick-up was no big deal, but I had to drive the hour back to Birmingham from Tuscaloosa to pick up my bike this afternoon and make it back by 7pm in order to get my bike checked into the Transition area on time... I made it, but just barely. I think I checked my bike in at 6:57 and I was just about the last person out of the 1300 that will be racing tomorrow. I guess that this means that all that is left is the easy part... racing tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes. It can't be that bad because just a couple hours ago I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to race at all...

1 comment: