Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Late Season Push

I just got back to Lawrence from a little vacation time in Estes Park, Colorado and I am happy to report that these first few days back to full time training have proven that I don't seem to have lost hardly any fitness during my week away. This is probably due to the fact that my family and I did some pretty serious hiking at altitude all week and I managed to cram in a couple run and swim workouts while I was there also. The time off has done wonders for my motivation and focus, the mental break was much needed! I'm totally ready for the late season push now. I have just 4 races left this season with the next one being the Muncie Triathlon on August 7. I feel like my conditioning is good for this time of year and I'm just hoping that I can maintain it and improve upon it for the rest of this season, which is the longest race season I have attempted. The major hurdle left to deal with is moving myself back to Muncie at the end of the week and then moving to a new house with my roommates once back in Muncie. It's going to mean a couple of really busy days and a whole lot of headaches I'm sure, these things never seem to go as smoothly as you think they will.... anyway, I'll let you know how it goes and talk a little bit more about my feelings about this upcoming race when it gets a little closer...

No comments:

Post a Comment