Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Little Vacation? Yes Please!

The one thing that is tough about this long stretch of training without any races is the routine starts to get a little monotonous. Training day after day without any end in sight... it makes the motivation a little difficult to keep up. Also, this will be the longest race season I have ever scheduled so it is important that I don't burn out too early because these later races in August and September are some of the most important to me of the year, especially Age Group Nationals at the end of September. Luckily for me, the fam. is headed on vacation at the end of this week! We are heading to Estes Park, Colorado for a week of hiking and general relaxation in and around Rocky Mountain National Park. I'll still keep up some training: running some in the mornings and getting to a small pool at an aquatic center in Estes Park. Also, there is a stationary bike in the place where we are staying but for the most part I am going to take this opportunity to take a bit of a mid-season break, both for the body and maybe even more importantly, for the mind. It will be really nice to get some change of scenery and to escape this intense Kansas summer heat! Really looking forward to it, and then once I get back it will be time to make the push leading up to the August Muncie Triathlon on August 7th... plus I have to move to a new place, that I am really not looking forward to... more to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment